CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 30, 2010

i have no willpower

so today is day three of the great no-shampooing experiment 2010. i broke down. sort of. we're going out shopping today, and over to my inlaws for dinner and poker. and while i honestly don't feel like anyone would notice or comment or even care if i didn't wash my hair, the fact that i knew i didn't would be enough to make me feel self-conscious the whole time, and who needs that kind of stress? seriously.
so, i read up a little about ways to wash your hair without using actual shampoo. one way is to use baking soda and warm water. some say to mix it so it's like a paste, others say to water it down. so i split the difference and went with a pasty watery mix. i added a little bit of honey to it because i remember reading somewhere that honey will help moisturize your hair.

first of all... washing your hair with baking soda feels a lot like washing your hair with sand. it's gritty. and i got some in my eyes and my mouth (don't ask...i've only been washing my hair for thirty-odd years and i apparently still haven't mastered not getting shampoo in my eyes...) and it's really salty (duh) and stings a bit. so that was not great. also, after rinsing, i could barely get my fingers through my hair, it was so densely packed. yuck. so i broke down and used some conditioner, which helped a lot. my hair feels cleaner and softer than it has for the past couple days, but still not as squeaky-clean as it does when i use regular shampoo.
so there you have it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails